Within Your Industry
Get the Latest Equipment
Preserve Your Credit
Why Should Your Business Lease Equipment?
Equipment replacement and new purchases of equipment is necessary for all types of businesses. The question is what’s the most strategic way to finance that equipment?
For many businesses cash flow management can be a challenge for new and growing companies. If your business model is to keep your equipment current and replace it before its obsolete then leasing could be the right option for you.
Equipment Leasing is a great solution to meet your business equipment financing needs. Leasing is the fastest-growing way of acquiring equipment in today’s financing market place.
Leasing can put that equipment to work for you without major cash outlays and with real cash-flow advantages.
10 Reasons Why You Should Lease:
- Keep Your Equipment Up to Date – With leasing you can acquire the equipment you need today and use it cost effectively until it no longer meets your needs. You can then upgrade and avoid dealing with outdated and obsolete equipment.
- Lower Monthly Payments - Leasing gives you use of equipment without having to wait to pull the full cost of the equipment together and often requires lower payment than other methods of financing. Best of all, you can often afford higher quality equipment that is more cost effective to operate.
- Tax Advantages – Leasing could be the answer to your tax concerns. When structured properly, an equipment lease agreement may allow you to receive tax benefits such as treating the lease payment as an expense. Any asset that depreciates in value should be leased so you can write it off quicker against anticipated profits.
- You Don’t Have To Tie Up Your Capital - Where other types of financing require a hefty down payment, leasing is 100% financing. Most lease agreements require an advance of only one or two month's payment plus a security deposit. Leasing puts the equipment to work for you immediately, at a minimal up-front cost.
- Leasing Preserves Credit - Lease payments have no impact on your credit lines with your bank. Your borrowing power is preserved for other business opportunities.
- Leasing Facilitates Budgeting – Lease payments are fixed costs, which allow you to plan ahead. A properly tailored lease program will match the revenues that you will be generating from the equipment you are leasing. Allows you to match equipment revenue with leasing expenses and control profitability.
- Defers Sales Taxes (GST/PST) – With a lease you pay your sales taxes monthly and don’t have a large cash outlay at the beginning for the total sales taxes on the purchase, thus having a minimum effect on your cash flow.
- Speedy Approvals – Unlike dealing with your bank and taking several days and sometimes weeks to get an approval, lease deals are typically approved within 24 hours. You are able to take delivery of the equipment much quicker and allow you to put the equipment to work for you and start earning revenue.
- Interest Rates And Payments Are Fixed - Unlike bank lines of credit, with variable rates, lease payments are fixed - no matter what happens to the market tomorrow.
- Allow you to stay competitive – Leasing can enable a business to acquire equipment that might be otherwise unaffordable. Stay ahead of the competition by having modern equipment that has all the new features and production efficiencies to give you an edge on your competitors.